Zayenah Ocicats health guarantee and purchase agreement
GUARANTEE OF CURRENT HEALTH
1. The breeder guarantees the purchased kitten:
- has been vet checked and is clinically healthy at the time of purchase
- is free from communicable diseases for a period of 72 hours from the date of leaving Zayenah
- has been vaccinated at least once with F3 vaccination
- has been treated with a broad spectrum worming product at 8 & 12 weeks of age
- the purchaser must notify the breeder of any claim within 24 hours of such veterinary examination
- should the kitten be diagnosed to have contracted any serious disease or illness, the breeder will offer the following options at the breeders discretion on condition that the kitten is returned to the breeder within 5 days
- full refund or
- treatment for the deficiency, all procedures must be agreed to prior, or
- a replacement kitten of equal quality or value
GUARANTEE AGAINST CONGENITAL DEFECTS
5. The breeder guarantees the purchased kitten against congenital defects for six months from date of purchase.
6. If within this period, a qualified veterinary examination finds the purchased kitten to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life threatening congenital defect, excluding accidents or neglect, a written statement form the said veterinarian must be provided to the breeder to support this.
7. If the purchased kitten dies within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, an autopsy report by a qualified veterinarian (at the cost of the purchaser) must be provided to the breeder as proof of cause of death and to support any claim under this guarantee
8. The purchaser must notify any claim to the breeder within 24 hours of such veterinary examination.
9. Upon return of the purchased kitten and the relevant veterinarian report to the breeder, or an autopsy report in the case of a deceased kitten, the purchased kitten will be replaced with another kitten of equal value and equal guarantee. If no replacement kitten is available at that time, the breeder will have 9 months to furnish the purchaser with a satisfactory replacement.
10. The purchased kitten cannot be returned under this guarantee after this guarantee period has expired.
11. If the purchased cat/kitten is euthanised without the prior knowledge of the breeder, expect in the case where a veterinarian considers it the only humane alternative, this guarantee becomes void.
12. Where a replacement kitten is requested or where euthanasia is requested, the purchaser agrees to grant full access to all veterinary records to the breeder. Veterinary records include copies of actual visit cards to veterinarians stating vaccinations, injuries, test results. Etc. during the period the kitten is owned by the purchaser.
13. If the purchased cat/kitten is diagnosed with a minor imperfection (not known at time of sale) that requires no treatment and does not interfere with the normal function and purpose of the purchased cat/kitten, then no replacement or refund will be given.
14. No refund or replacement will be given for any condition or defect caused by accident, neglect or malnutrition.
CONDITIONS OF SALE / RESPONSIBILITIES OF PURCHASER
1.15. It is considered common cattery practice and good animal husbandry to isolate any new addition to a multi-cat household for a period of time. The purchased kitten should not be exposed to another cat or kitten that has not been currently vaccinated or which has had exposure to other cats or kittens that are not currently vaccinated. Exposure of the purchased kitten to diseases or hazards will immediately terminate all heath guarantees or options for replacement
1.16. the purchaser is responsible for providing immediate veterinary care to the kitten/cat in the event that it show signs of illness or distress. Failure to do so will render this guarantee null and void.
1.17. The purchaser will continue to maintain the health of the kitten with vaccination boosters by a qualified veterinarian and maintain regular and appropriate worming and parasite control programs for the kitten as needed.
1.18. The purchaser will keep the kitten/cat as an indoor pet throughout it's life and will not permit the kitten/cat to roam outside unattended. Failure by the purchaser to honour this condition will render this guarantee null and void and the kitten/cat may be reclaimed by the breeder for the protection of the kitten/cat.
1.19. The purchaser will provide the kitten/cat with premium kitten/cat food.
* This agreement is available for public viewing, it may therefore be inferred that the purchaser agrees to the conditions of sale and is bound by them*